Technetix has developed an upstream solution to complement the NCI platform.
Upstream signals need to be connected to different service platforms and are used for monitoring and proactive maintenance applications. The headend is getting larger and cables are getting longer to connect, this is combined with higher upstream frequencies (204 MHz) which require more tilt compensation. The different output levels of the optical receivers and the different input levels of the service platforms also need to be optimised.
These requirements are met with the new upstream splitter combiner (USC), which uses the NCI chassis and offers a very flexible solution with high density. It also offers:
- DOCSIS 3.1 CCAP compliant combining solution
- Up to 44 US channels managed in one 3RU chassis
- Electronic slope and level control on every port (0.5 dB steps)
- No service disruption during settings and changes
- Remote control and monitoring via SNMP and webserver