At Technetix, we strive to produce integrated solutions in order to better resolve typical as well as atypical network problems. Over the years, Technetix' R&D department has come up with industry-leading innovations that are now embedded within many Technetix products.
Ingress Safe®Our patent-protected technology, Ingress Safe®, identifies and significantly reduces noise on RF networks, improving performance for bonded upstream services such as DOCSIS 3
One of the greatest barriers to implementing enhanced, high-speed DOCSIS 3.0 services requiring high-integrity signal transmission is noise in the network. As MSOs seek to migrate to 64 QAM and, eventually 256 QAM digital modulation, removing noise is a significant challenge.
While noise has a variety of causes, 80% of it originates from poorly shielded in-home equipment. Since it is not possible to control every home environment, our unique Ingress Safe technology enables operators to identify the causes and overcome home-caused ingress in the network.
Ingress Safe provides passive control of a critical problem
When connecting customers to your network, the correlation between the frequency and phase of ingress signals from adjacent premises means ingress increases as it combines within the network. By adding a 180° phase-shifting device within our passive units, the ingress from one subscriber is combined, out-of-phase, with the ingress from a second subscriber. As a result, they cancel each other out.
The benefits of Ingress Safe technology:
- Fitted as an option in all Technetix passives and taps
- No adverse effects on the network or service operation
- Flexibility – avoids the limitations of invasive solutions, such as filters or dynamic ingress control
- Significantly reduces noise on broadband cable TV networks, improving network performance
- Field tests show that Ingress Safe units in the distribution network deliver improvement in the carrier to noise ratio that averages from between 6 dB and 12 dB, depending on the network topology and levels of ingress noise
- Prevents or significantly delays the need to deploy technicians to rectify faults caused by the cumulative effects of ingress noise on network performance and customer service