Are you a skilled C programmer (Firmware) experienced in working with Microchip or Atmel microprocessors? Do you have a passion for electronics, innovation and teamwork? Are you looking for a role that will give you the opportunity to be part of a specially put together project team who will be responsible for delivering a cutting-edge product range? If you’re an experienced Firmware Engineer or Embedded Engineer, looking for a new challenge, we want to talk to you.
Working as part of the digital new product engineering team, you will be responsible for the design of firmware used in Ethernet/CATV related products. But what’s unique about this role is that from concept to production, you will be fully responsible for the product. You’ll work closely with the RF and R & D team, as well as our clients, delivering quality products that will make Technetix market leaders. In short, you’ll exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results - creating the best firmware solution as required for the product.
This role is varied and exciting – with the scope of the role requiring a strong set of skills, as detailed below, but for the right person it’s an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and your career in a motivational environment with other highly talented and inspirational engineering professionals.
As Firmware Engineer you will:
- Design and develop embedded firmware for microcontroller-based CATV and Ethernet backbone products.
- Define and implement high performance firmware by leveraging a strong understanding of embedded hardware design.
- Be a contributor in developing an environment of continuous improvement across product lines and development groups.
- Analyze and provide feedback on peer designs in an open and collaborative environment
- Actively participate on, and at times leads, cross-functional teams to develop new devices as well as address design issues or maintenance to improve the new product line.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth analysis
- Actively advise and support the project team to create and release product requirements, design specifications and design descriptions for assigned designs applicable standards and procedures.
- Review product documentation for accuracy including documentation intended for customer use.
- Evaluate product non-conformances and recommend design modifications
- Evaluate, test, and review designs to determine if the design and firmware program will perform according to requirements and specifications.
- Support project initiatives collaborating with the rest of the design team ensuring that development milestones and deadlines are met.
As Firmware Engineer you will need:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, or other relevant discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in Firmware programming
- Good English communication skills
- Experience with C/C++ language development including the tools used to edit, compile/assemble and debug code in an embedded environment
- Strong documentation skills, including flow charts and block diagrams
- Experience working with real-time operating systems
- Experience in Ethernet environments (10GE Ethernet solutions)
- Experience with real-time signal processing and hardware
- Experience working with various communication and networking protocols
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team – a diplomatic communicator
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to contribute to multiple concurrent projects
If you're interested in this role we would like to hear from you. Please email your CV along with a covering statement outlining why you are right for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please.